- On 7 April 2020
Brignano Gera D’Adda, 07/04/2020
Dear Business Partner,
The extremely dynamic developments in connection with the Coronavirus, the associated necessary successive restrictions by governments worldwide as well as an increased influence of external obstacles (including availability of labour, material, services) also have a direct impact on our customers and the CDC Elettromeccanica.
Since a few weeks now we have been proactively adapting our processes to ensure the safety of employees. To date, we have been able to keep production at largely normal levels due to extraordinary efforts.
This was possible because we have been taking all possible precautions since the beginning of the Corona crisis, such as:
- Active employee communication,
- Information on hygiene measures,
- Prohibition of business trips,
- Smart Working (wherever possible),
- Very close communication across the entire supply chain to minimize the risk of infection and thus keep the production and deliveries of our customers running.
Nevertheless, in the past days we have been confronted with dramatic measures and decisions by our business partners, such as:
- delivery problems of our suppliers,
- shutdown or restriction of activities at service providers,
- problems with the provision and execution of transports by carriers,
- Increasing lack of employees as a result of sick leave or restrictions on getting to work.
If you need exact information about your running orders, we will inform you in detail which parts and volumes could still be put into circulation.
All other volumes required must be rescheduled in close coordination, i.a. depending on the availability of materials, labour or processes.
We thank you for your understanding and ask for further close cooperation for the coordination of further deliveries. We will endeavour to minimize the effects of the Coronavirus for you as much as possible.
Thank you very much and stay healthy.
Francesca Centimerio (Domestic/International Sales Manager)